Monday 9 January 2012

I'm just a grumpy old man!

It seems that every time I pop into town I see something that gets my blood pressure soaring. Just before Christmas it was the 'galvanised tin box'. Then a couple of days ago I saw Highways installing the permanent barriers in Christchurch Way - talk about overkill! And then, today, I actually uttered the phrase "I don't believe it!" when I drove up Old Road and saw this!

For years I have listened to numerous complaints about speeding traffic - on, for example, Oulton Road, Longton Road, Newcastle Road, Lichfield Road, Pirehill Lane, Eccleshall Road  etc. etc. but never - never - on this section of Old Road. In fact, the most common complaint on this road is the difficulty in getting past parked cars. I defy any driver to exceed the speed limit here at any time of day!

I can think of a dozen locations around the town that would benefit from speed indicator signs like this - but Old Road isn't one of them. What a complete waste of money!

No comments: