Thursday 7 July 2011

Words fail me

I haven't bought a copy of the News of the World (or its sister publication The Sun) since Hillsborough. I thought The Sun's reporting of that tragedy was as low as gutter journalism could go. But they've proved me wrong! It's been known for years that the News of the World were hacking the phones of politicians and TV celebrities. I don't quite understand why that was 'acceptable' in some peoples eyes.

But now it transpires that the hacker had details of the phone numbers of murder victims and their families and relatives of soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan - with the consequent risk that they've been hacked as well.

Clearly this is a newspaper that is out of control and has absolutely no moral standards. And I doubt it's the only one. Why is the Daily Mail not covering this issue as fully? And what is the Metropolitan Police involvement in all this?

Methinks that we've not heard the half of it yet.

No comments: