Saturday 31 December 2011

What a Wonderful Year!

On New Year's Eve, it's customary to reflect upon the last twelve months - and what a tremendous twelve months I've had!

It started in January with us recruiting three new directors to the board of the Food and Drink Festival - and we've never looked back since!

Then I became a complete 'anorak' and had a long weekend on my own playing on steam trains in Somerset in March.

In early May I ended my involvement in local politics. I did not stand for re-election after eight years on the Town Council and four on the Borough. I did, however, take great pleasure in helping Philip Leason become one of the  very few independent candidates to get re-elected.

A fortnight in the sun on a Greek island with daughter, son-in-law and the three grandchildren followed in May.

And on our return we made good use of the caravan on several occasions over the summer.

June saw me starting this blog. And I've managed to keep it up to date! Nearly one hundred postings, several dozen comments and compliments and over two thousand page views. Very fulfilling!

In October we held the most successful Food and Drink Festival ever - very much helped by superb weather. And what a fantastic band of volunteers we've now got supporting us!

And in November, the 25th anniversary Bonfire and Fireworks achieved a record gate which enabled us to make another record distribution to the various groups and bodies who helped in the organisation!

In early December a very exciting project was agreed upon involving the Food and Drink Festival - but you will have to wait a little longer for us to publish the details!

Then Jan and I were presented with our sixth grandchild - just before we sailed off on our first cruise, a week in December on the North Sea!
.
And we've just enjoyed a fantastic Christmas - Christmas Day with friends and the next three days with family. And tonight we finish the year with a dinner party here at home with a group of neighbours
.
Life is so good! I hope 2012 is just as good!

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

No comments: