Thursday 23 June 2011

Thumbs up to The Shoulder of Mutton!

I've been hearing some very complimentary accounts about the beer and food at the Shoulder of Mutton over at Fulford.So tonight, instead of heading towards our regular Thursday haunt in Milwich, we thought we'd put the Shoulder to the test. I also wanted to thank Steve personally for looking after our Real Ale Trail customers so well on Tuesday.

As Jan and I entered, I was greeted by some very familiar faces! Paul Reynolds, an old pal from his days in Stone, was the first to see me. Then I realised he was sitting next to Richard Nadin. Then I noticed Nick Perrin from Optic Leisure at the far end of the bar and, shortly after, Jane Walters and her husband walked in! Phew, what a warm welcome!

And it just got better!  A beautiful pint or two of Bass and a superb meal. I had the most tender of rump steaks with home cut chips and all the trimmings whilst Jan opted for a vegetarian pasta which she said was superb. The total bill? Under £25! Great food and fantastic value.

Now I'm always wary of recommending places to eat. But on the evidence of tonight's meals I have no hesitation in saying you won't be disappointed at The Shoulder.

I was told that Alan Cookman, feature writer at the Sentinel, was in for a meal earlier in the week so it will be interesting to read his column when it comes out tomorrow!

No comments: