Thursday 17 November 2011

The diet begins now!

Those who know me well will be well aware that I begin a diet at least once a year! So far this year I've managed to ignore the obvious signs but on Tuesday I had to face reality!

On Friday I'm off to The Crown for a formal function so I thought it would be sensible just to check the old evening suit and shirt. First the shirt. Now that I'm retired I rarely have to wear a shirt and tie so the top buttons of my shirts never get buttoned up. I chose the 17 inch collar just to be on the safe side and much to my horror realised that I would strangle myself to do it up.

So then I tried the trousers. Bear in mind that I bought a new suit, for the same reason, two years ago! No chance. The waist band gaped a good inch at the tightest!

So, folks, it was off to the nearest retail outlet to flash the plastic. I didn't lash out on an expensive outfit because I won't be needing it long. I've started my final diet! I've set myself a target of losing three stones over the next twelve months. Of course I can do it. I'm a very experienced slimmer. I've done it loads of times!

So, in a couple of months, if you know anyone who wants a rather large size evening suit give me a call. I'll have one going really cheap!

No comments: