Wednesday 23 November 2011

Monte Carlo - or bust!

What a treat we had on Sunday morning! A classic car rally called into town for their first stop on their way from Chester to Monte Carlo. Thirty wonderful classic cars! And I remembered every one! I really am getting old.

There were some absolute beauties. A 1939 Volvo in pristine condition. An ex works Austin 1800. Several Mercs and Porsches. And a couple of minis (why didn't I keep mine?) and a Harry Potter coloured Anglia. Plus a Sunbeam Tiger to remind me of how close to death I came when I spun one on Gailey roundabout in the early 70's. Oh, memories, memories!

If only I'd kept mine!


The cars were booked on the overnight ferry and expected to be in Monte Carlo by Thursday. From the sound of some of the engines, I have doubts whether they'll all make it!

And why wasn't it better advertised? I'm sure there were loads of Stone people who would have loved to have been there. If you missed it, there are several photos on the Little Bit of Stone website.

No comments: