Saturday 20 August 2011

This makes it all worthwhile!

Helping to organise the Stone Food and Drink Festival is great fun but hard work. My email inbox has at least thirty emails in it when I log on each morning and the telephone answering machine now has sixteen messages I must listen to this afternoon. Then there's half a dozen letters that arrived this morning and I've a 'to do' list that never gets shorter despite the fact that I keep completing tasks on it!

And then something happens that makes it all worth while. I've just spoken to a lovely lady on the phone who was so full of praise for the Festival and Stone in general. She moved here a few years ago and simply can't believe how lucky she was to choose Stone to live in. She said she has never felt so much community spirit as exists here.

So this afternoon, as I plough through the phone messages, I shall do so knowing that the time spent is appreciated by someone out there! But before then I've just got to pop out to check some measurements on Westbridge Park with John Moss to make sure we've planned for the marquees in the right place. And I shall do so with a smile on my face and a spring in my step!

No comments: