Sunday 25 September 2011

A picture a day!

It's Sunday and I have a worrying sense of  'the calm before the storm'! I've still got several hours work to do sorting out last minute phone messages and emails but, unusually, I feel that everything is in order and ready to go for this week's Food and Drink Festival. Let's hope I don't have cause to regret having just said that!

Tomorrow we start putting the 'village' up on Westbridge Park. Temporary roadways, fencing, barriers, marquee contractors, electricians, toilets, tables, chairs, stages, demonstration kitchens plus the myriad of other things that need to slot into place the make the Festival work! Yes, it's going to be a busy week - and that's before we open the gates on Friday lunchtime! And I forgot to mention the Real Ale Trail minibuses to see off on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday plus the Manger a Trois roving feasts on Tuesday and Wednesday!

Which is really a long winded way of saying I may not have time to post many items here over the next ten days or so! We are, however, keeping a photographic record of the Festival so I will try to find time to post a picture or two each day just to show you what's been happening. Here's a couple to start with showing an empty Westbridge Park this morning. Come back to this page occasionally to see how the scene changes over the next few days!

No comments: